Thursday, December 11, 2008

At this rate, starvation is imminent

I promise you, usually things aren't this bad. Maybe it's how busy I am? Maybe it's the fact lots is weighing heavily on my mind. Too much Christmas cheer? Not enough? Distracted by children? I figure its probably a safe bet to blame my mother. Or possibly YOUR mother? Either way its NOT MY FAULT.

No matter the reason, no matter my excuse it is now apparent there is a definite need for emergency intervention.

Tonight as I carried the meatloaf to our set kitchen table, already laden with side dishes (ok reheated scalloped potatoes I made from a box yesterday) I turned back to grab a forgotten serving spoon and dropped the ENTIRE THING into a sink full of soapy water.

Yes, you read that right. I FREAKING DROPPED THE MEATLOAF INTO THE FULL KITCHEN SINK.

Our dinner. Wet. I considered shaking it out and at least serving it to the children (at this rate they would probably think I had a new recipe to ruin) but I was laughing so hard it attracted their attention. You see, they ARE used to loud sounds coming from the kitchen, laughter usually isn't one of them. There was no way to explain why the meatloaf was floating merrily in a sea of bubbles.

Again, I would have taken a picture but, well that camera is still under the laundry somewhere.

We ate at McDonald's.

Send help.

4 comments:

PWNort64 said...

Oh my! What an eventful week you've had in the kitchen. Glad McD's was able to come through for you. I can only imagine the sight of the meatloaf floating in the sink.

Anonymous said...

Yes help is needed, though if that meatloaf had made it to the table it would have been wonderful. As for the camera, after folding 3 loads of laundry and putting 2 more on, still no camera.

Shel

Lala's world said...

oh that is too funny!!!

Jenny said...

Totally sounds like something I would do! I once baked my FIL a homemade sheet cake for a small family birthday party - dropped it on the floor into a million crummy chunks!