Saturday, August 30, 2008

Called to the bedside



It might be time to let my grandma go.




My grandma IS my sense of family. She has been there for my sister and I for years when our mother chose not to be.




She is who my idea of family revolves around.




She is the foundation of my world. Of my childhood. Of my kids' world.




We have been through HELL as she has aged with family drama that is so not worth the effort to explain other than to say that those "family" members tried to cost us time with her for their own selfish needs.




She has pneumonia. I am flying out to where she is any minute.




I FREAKING HATE LIVING IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.




3 hour drive. A flight BACK to Vancouver, a flight North to Edmonton.




I just need to be there. In a way that I can't explain.




Please pray I have time. Please. That's all I want is time enough to get there. I need the prayers of many.


PLEASE God, please.

9 comments:

Lala's world said...

peace be with you as you travel and the strength you need to endure and LOVE to surround you and your family!
our prayers are with you!

JustAMom said...

Many prayers for you, your grandmother and your family.

Anonymous said...

My Prayers are with you Jen, I hope you are given the time to be with your grandma.
Find strength where you need to, god will help you.
Have a safe trip....
In my thought,
Danielle L.
X X X

Andy said...

My thoughts are with you and your family. I hope that you have time to see her once last time, if this is to be her time to go.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

happyadoptingmom said...

Praying for you as you travel and your famioly through this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jen - my thoughts and prayers are with you. Dear Lord, I pray that You'll give Jen (and all her family) strength and courage, draw near to them and comfort them, shower them with Your love and healing. AMEN. And p.s., Lord, Thank You for the relationship that Jen has with her Gramma all these years, and all the time that they've been able to share, for all that her Gramma has instilled in Jen that's made her the awesome lady that she is.

Anonymous said...

Jen - I am so sorry. Please call me if you need anything - 403-396-1910. I am working this week until Wednesday but can make a quick trip up if you need.

Anonymous said...

'Thinking of you Jen and prayers going out to you, your grandma (who sounds like SUCH a special lady) and your family. ((( hugs )))

One Busy Momma said...

Praying you have a safe trip and prayers for good health.

Denise