Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm BAAAAACKKKKKKKKK

Well sort of ....

At my sister's house ( The Amazing Aunty Jess, Blog Guest Writer Extraordinaire!).

Shel is high as a kite and loving every minute of it. Firmly situated on Jess' couch with a SOFT blanket, wearing REAL clothes and enjoying the relative peace and quiet of a house with 5 boys in it.

I, on the other hand, have come down with a nasty case of the flu and want to curl up in a corner and die. I am off to find a bed, some good drugs and hopefully re-emerge in a week. Ok tomorrow, but still, I am EXHAUSTED beyond belief at the moment.

For an update on our hockey star, Greg scored two goals last night for his team bringing them from a 2-0 deficit to tie the game!! According to Papa (my dad) he is one of the top players on his team and rocking the house. He too has my nasty cold, so imagine how he will be playing when he feels better.

I will be pretty much out of the loop for the next little while as I spend copious amounts of time with my sister-friend Tamara. Love her, grieve with her, laugh with her and probably drink a bit with her.

Some noteworthy Thank You's are in order ...

To Aunty Jess - what can I say, my kids, my blog, my family, my dog. We owe you a month's worth of babysitting.

To Uncle Jay - the most amazing friend, god-father and rescuer ever. THANK YOU. Again. and Again.

To Max/Jess/Clarice - without the calls of support and prayers I may have simply sat in a corner and cried.

To our friends that put me up for free in the city. Thank you. I am so grateful for that time of peace between hospital visits.

To my blog commentors and friends. THANK YOU. As I stared at the comments through bleary eyes at the black berry, I so, so appreciated that you took the time to read and care.

For everyone who prayed or sent good wishes our way (Friends and church family from CCC, from Adoption Threads, from Harambee, PFDC, TDKOL, Beat Cats) THANK YOU.

And to Dr. McLeod originally from Kingston, ON THANK YOU for putting my husband back together. I am grateful beyond words.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Glad Shel is out of the hospital and happier resting at home (away from home)!! ((((HUGS)))) to you and hoping YOU feel better soon! Nyquil is always my magical elixir in times like this...................

Angela said...

So sorry you are feeling sick now, of all things!
I hope you wake up feeling all better tomorrow!
Now for the "up and up" to come your families way :)
Blessings to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Jen, get some vitamin C or some orange juice.

Remember to take care of yourself during all of this insanity!

Good thoughts for now and next week!

Anonymous said...

yeah greg!!!!! tell him i am saving the photo of he and c to have him sign one day, so i can say we knew him when!!

hope you start feeling better quickly and enjoy your time with your sister and friends.

hope shel heals amazingly quick.

~mckenna

Anonymous said...

Glad to read Shel's infection is clearing up and he's at home. Thank God for sister's eh? Will keep you guys, epecially Eric in my prayers.

skirbo said...

I'm so happy you guys are out of the hospital and hubby is on the mend. I also enjoyed my happy pills last year after my surgery.

And of course, I hope you feel better soon. You and Greg were under such stress on your trip and now with the accident, it's no wonder you got sick!

Congratulate Greg from me!

Sarah