Thursday, August 7, 2008

Back to the ER

UPDATE: No surgery needed. The actual joint is floating in blood (they removed 22 mls) but its not infected. No sepsis (blood infection) - Just a really severe wound infection. We were also told his ligaments in his knee are also severed today (dont know why that information escaped us before).

We are at the hospital twice a day for IV anti-biotics for the next 5 days.

He gave us a bit of a scare by passing out in the waiting room of the hospital this morning for some unknown reason, still but we think its just his body's way of saying its dealt with ENOUGH for now.

We were able to get a LARGER wheelchair from Red Cross and that should make mobility a bit easier. Going to be a long process though.

Thanks for the prayers.


Shel is on IV antibiotics and they will be deciding this morning if he needs to be taken to a city 3 hours away by ambulance for surgery.

I will keep you posted.


Pam said...

Love and prayers to all of you. Please let me know if there is anything we can do.

skirbo said...

Please let me know if you need anything, including if you need your airline vouchers back to make that long trip.

Healing vibes, prayers and cyberhugs all coming your way.


Heather said...

Prayers continue for the whole family. (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Jen...I am assuming the city three hours away would be Prince George....if so, and you do end up here (which I'm really hoping doesn't happen, not for this reason anyhow)...but if you do end up here, please know that if you need ANYTHING I am a phone call away. (250)614-0664.